Vision & Mission
Inspired by Gospel values and mindful of our Catholic identity, our Vision is to ignite the fire of learning and shine as a beacon of excellence, hope and love in the world.
‘Illuminare et Ardere’
Our Mission is to promote quality education while developing an awareness of God in our lives, the value and connectedness of all human relationships, a sense of justice, a hopeful spirit and a love of learning.
We proclaim this Mission at Aquinas College by embracing six Core Values:
- Spirituality: we nurture a connectedness to God and a Catholic faith that is informed by scripture, tradition and the regional parish communities.
- Belonging: mindful of our diverse local and global community; we are culturally inclusive and respect the dignity of each individual.
- Perseverance: we are challenged to continually strive for excellence in all aspects of our learning.
- Compassion: we promote the service of others through education and experiences that are based on kindness and generosity informed by Catholic Social Teaching.
- Stewardship: we encourage our community to respond to the need for sustainability in our contemporary world in the light of the Gospel and its call to action.
- Justice: we promote opportunity and equity through awareness and support of the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights.
Each Core Value will be explored in a six year cycle and provide a focus to embrace our potential and further understand our opportunities, both personally and as a community, to “light up and be on fire”.
Commitment to Democratic Principles
The College supports and promotes the principles and practices of Australian democracy, including a commitment to:
- elected Government;
- the rule of law;
- equal rights for all before the law;
- freedom of religion;
- freedom of speech and association;
- the values of openness and tolerance.