Aquinas College is a committed and active Catholic community.
Embracing the ideals of St Thomas Aquinas, the ideals of wisdom and inspiration, as well as the ethos of our founders Edmund Rice and Mary MacKillop, Aquinas strives to bring Christ to the world through staff and students formed through by a comprehensive Christian Life education.
Involvement in the Religious Education program at Aquinas College is an essential and compulsory part of the curriculum from Years 7 to 12. Participation in the liturgical activities of the College is a clear expectation of the College as a Catholic school dedicated to developing an awareness of God and cultivating personal holiness.
Where we are
The Mary MacKillop Chapel (marymackillopchapel.jpg) was blessed by Archbishop Hart in 2002. This beautiful and serene setting is alive with the College's diverse Christian Life activities:
- Senior Faith and Liturgy classes, encouraging students to be faith leaders
- Year 7 and 8 Liturgical Singing
- Catholic Action Program reflection
- First Friday Mass
- prayer and gathering for classes and small groups
- special commemorations such as School AIDS Awareness Day
- the locus for Religious Education Curriculum development
And, most of all, a place where all are welcome and where service is sacrament.
What we do
Apart from a dynamic curriculum, Christian Life at Aquinas conducts a range of experiences, particular to each year level:
From the heart of Aquinas to the Church throughout the world
At Aquinas we are boundless and borderless in our approach to Christian Life. Where possible we extend our reach to the Church throughout the world by participating in events such as World Youth Day and the Christian Europe Pilgrimage.
There are no borders when it comes to our contributions to charitable causes. Aquinas is committed to supporting
- the Mary MacKillop Mission in Baucau, Timor-Leste (Year 7 focus),
- the Dominican Mission Solomon Islands (Year 8 focus),
- the Christian Brothers in Arusha, Tanzania (Year 9 focus),
- Caritas Australia (Year 10 focus),
- Santa Teresa Aborginal Mission. (Year 11 focus), click here for details about this region near Alice Springs.
- and the St Vincent de Paul Society (Year 12 Focus) .
Contact us for more information
The Christian Life Team is located in the Mary MacKillop chapel. The Head Catholic Life may be contacted on (03) 92593253.